Dr. Oliver Wilson
Friend of the Campaign

Dr. Oliver Wilson, Dean of Multicultural Affairs at Grand Valley State University, passed away yesterday, August 31, 2009. He was 44 : http://www.gvsu.edu/gvnow/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.read_news&id=70F233DE-E474-3F81-3428E0C5C65ABDB5

Oliver was one of our first partners in The Campaign for Love & Forgiveness. He provided insight, and encouragement for our efforts at GVSU. I approached Oliver about the Campaign in January 2007. This is when I learned about his illness. I had worked with Oliver in the past and was stunned and saddened to hear this news.

When I mentioned to him the name, "The Campaign for Love & Forgiveness," he said, "oh, yes, you mean understanding and acceptance." Months later, having grown in my understanding of forgiveness, it occurred to me how wise he had been in choosing the terms understanding and acceptance.
Photo of Oliver taken in December 2007
at a project planning meeting

Oliver, we love you, and we will miss you
Steve Chappell-WGVU